City Parking Cards
City of San Diego Pre-Paid Parking Meter Cards are available in two increments: $10 and $45.
How does a Pre-Paid Parking Meter work?
The instructions for using a Pre-Paid Parking Meter Card can be found on the card directly.
- Insert the card into the card slot on the parking meter. The card slot is near the coin slot.
- Insert the card in the direction shown by an arrow on the card. The arrow side will face slightly up.
- The dollar balance (credit available) on the card will flash 4 times.
- The parking meter will display time increments in 5-minute segments.
- When the desired time is displayed on the parking meter, remove the card from the parking meter. The time you have purchased will post on the meter.
Can I get a refund if I purchase too much time on a meter?
Yes. In order to do so, follow these instructions:
- Insert the same card you used to purchase the time back into the parking meter.
- The current dollar balance (credit available) on the card will flash 4 times.
- The parking meter will credit back your card for every full 6-minute increment remaining on the parking meter.
- Credit increments of less than 6-minutes will be lost.
- The credit display on the parking meter will return to zero. Remove the card from the parking meter.
NOTE: Multi-Space Pay and Display stations do not refund unused time.